Sunday 9 February 2014

My First Blog Post!

Welp, here I am in New Zealand. I meant to start this blog before I left the US so I could capture the whole experience, but you know how it is with time… I can never quite keep track of it.
My first time traveling went very smoothly - no problems at all. And people in airports are very nice! It's really fun to see where everyone's going to or coming from and hear a little bit of their life story. Oh! Speaking of people being nice. I wanted to write a blog in America specifically to talk about nice people at home. I guess I’ll have to mention it here. The amount of support I received before going on this trip was overwhelming. Seriously, you guys. I have so much love for everyone. Cheesy, I know. But I am so lucky to have so many unreal friends, a loving family, wonderful neighbors, and great co-workers and professors. Thanks everyone, so much, for making this journey a whole lot easier. I’m surprised at how little I was actually nervous! This is a heck of a long trip for a little cooped up U.P. girl! The total travel time for this trip was 30 hours. It’s not as bad as it sounds though, and airports aren’t even scary. Also, sorry if my writing style is a little all over the place… I’m a math major – what do you expect? So bear with me, I’ll try to get better. Also in the future I’ll post pictures. More pictures, less words. There’s a bird hopping around the airport; everyone thinks it’s casual. Was that the proper use of a semi-colon? Holy cow, I’m in New Zealand. I can’t wait to see what this semester has to offer.
Wish me luck, America. Keep in touch!
p.s. I will not have a phone over here, so if you would like to get ahold of me you can e-mail me (kdriutta@mtu.edu), facebook me, or send me a letter! Feel free to ask me for my host family’s address :)
Ok, bye for real !
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment